Saturday 25 September 2010

Exciting Times

On August 1st I was handed the keys to my very own studio. The studio is just one of 10 adjoined to Saltburn Gallery. I am really enjoying having my own space and also being part of Saltburn Artists’ Projects. For more information about Saltburn Artists’ Project take a look at the website below.
Since getting the keys to my studio I have been very busy. I spent the first couple of weeks painting it and moving my things in.
I then went away to Ireland for two weeks on my work placement. Since returning I have bought my furniture and moved in fully and have just completed my first few weeks working in my own space and I love it.
Along with entering competitions and applying for other interesting opportunities, I am currently working on my first collection of products, including cushions and wall panels, which I am aiming to exhibit in "Off the Shelf", a selling exhibition at Saltburn Gallery starting in November. I hope to also do a few print workshops in a local primary sometime before the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment