Tuesday 5 July 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy!!

Sorry it has been so long since I last updated my blog, the past month has been a very busy time for me. Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to every one who came to visit us at Saltburn Artists Projects during 'The Exhibitionist' weekend that took place at the end of May. The weekend was a great success :-)

The collaboration I am working on with 'Designed Silver' is still ongoing. A selection of cards and boxes are now available to buy in the Redcar shop. But watch this space as many more designs are currently being developed and will also be available very soon.
Tomorrow I am going back to my old primary school with fellow studio tenatant Glynis Johnson. We will be working with the children to produce four huge textile banners which we hope will be hung in the school for years to come. It will be the first of a number of days we will spend in the school working with the children to design and create the banner's based on the four house groups. We will be using a number of different techniques including 'Batik'. I love this technique and have enjoyed spending time experimenting with it. Below are a few samples I have produced in preparation. I am really looking forward to this project!
Batik on Silk
I will keep you updated on how it goes :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment